Saturday, January 23, 2010

161



Wow, how this year has flown by for our lives with Remy. Hard to imagine that a year has gone by already. I remember the quietness when she finally emerged. She wasn't making a sound and wasn't squawking or curling her hands and legs up in the panicky reflex that most babies exhibit when they are first introduced to life outside their mommies. I was scared and exhilarated all at the same time. I knew she shouldn't be quiet or still, yet she was. I was instantly worried for my sister thinking that if there was something even remotely wrong, this wasn't fair for her.

Luckily, Remy was true to herself and decided to do things by her own rules. She lingered in my sisters' womb long past her due date and then decided that she would transition into this world at her own pace. We have learned that Remy is a strong girl with a strong will and (in our opinions), so so smart. This triple-threat would certainly have really made her daddy grin with pride. I'm sure he would never have thought she would be anything different.

I'm thankful she's in our lives. She's teaching all of us little lessons here and there, the most important at this point is to cherish the gift that children are.

No comments: