Tuesday, May 5, 2009

365 Project - Day THIRTY FOUR



Cinco de Mayo. I'm not sure the history behind it, but I know it's an excuse to drink some yummy Dos Equis with lime. And party like you're hispanic.

It's also a reason to celebrate the dog's birthday. Today is Eddie Ray's 3rd birthday. I make him a hat every year and every year he hates the hat. Who doesn't love a festive party hat? Every year though, he's getting more tolerant of the hat, but he did need my assistance this year with holding it on. So, Happy 3rd Birthday Eduardo!

I also had my needle biopsy done today. It was fascinating watching it on the ultrasound monitor. Interesting how the biopsy needles get their samples. I likened it to spear fishing. They would count to three, then pull the trigger on a pinball plunger-like thing and you would see the needle shoot through the core of the mass (on the US monitor). They took 7 cores, but I didn't feel it - only pressure.

The radiologist told me that in her 25ish years of experience, she's seen many breast masses and can generally tell when one is cancerous. She said she is 95% sure (possibly more) that what I have in my boob is not cancerous. She also added the caveat, "However, sometimes the biopsies surprise us...". So, I'm not sure what the final prognosis is, but I'm feeling better about the whole situation. I hope all the tears and worrying will chalk up to nothing and once again, I fretted for nothing. I'll find out Friday if my worries were for naught.

I tried to convince them to take a picture of the procedure to add to here as well as the 'Anomalies" folder on my computer, but they weren't buying it. Most likely it's because the camera probably wouldn't tolerate a betadine swab.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

That hat! It's so great! And the look on Eddie Ray's face...so funny. What a great picture.

I am relieved to hear that the radiologist is optimistic.

Someday you should share some "Anamolies". Or not?