Sunday, May 3, 2009

365 Project - Day THIRTY ONE

Wow, day thirty one. I'm proud that I've done this for a month now!

Day thirty one was a fun one. My sister and I met my cousin, Kaycee (who lives in Albany, OR), to participate in the 5k portion of the Eugene Marathon. It's an event we'd been looking forward to for a long time. At one time, I had aspirations to run the 3.2 miles, but that fizzled and I committed to walking faster than I usually do at the mall. I will build myself up to running a 5k and I will get it done. I'm determined to do it. All in all, we had a great time. Kelby ran most of the course (yay Kelb!) and my cousin Kaycee, coffee in hand and fanny pack attired, stayed with me and motivated me through it. There were times we even ran and managed to run across the finish line in Chariots of Fire fashion.


Pinning on the numbers...



Buddig in your fanny pack? I spied a mid-course snack in Kaycee's fanny pack. She wasn't sure if she'd be hungry or not.


The yellow-shirted nemesis. This woman had the gall to RUN ahead of me. Well POO POO on you courageous yellow jogger...I smoked you at the end.

Mile 2 - obviously

Mile 3 and where I began the run across the finish line...

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

What a fun day! I am so proud of you, you walked pretty darn briskly when you weren't running.
I am also impressed with how good those photos turned out, since you did not stop to take them, they were on-the-fly. Hooray for your camera!