Wednesday, September 2, 2009

130



First day of school.....FINALLY.

These past few days have been filled with frustration, yelling, boredom and anxiety. My kids were apprehensive about going back to school. Mazie and Jack were both ready, but of course the draw of staying home to eat ramen and watch the Wizards of Waverly Place or ride bikes was kind of winning out. Jack was mad at me for needing them to go back to school. I tried to explain to him that he needed to be away from the house too, away from his sister and close to his friends. He wasn't buying it. I think he thinks it's time for video games and candy for me and it'll be an all out feast without them here.

I wonder where the time went and Mazie suddenly became a first grader? She looks like a college student in this picture and that's a little scary.

Both came home on the bus today, burst through the door and exclaimed what awesome days they had. I think it was fun for them to see all their friends again and to be at school independently. We'll see how day 2 goes.

After school today, we went to have some First Day of School Celebratory Ice Cream at Ben and Jerry's. We met our usual circle of moms and kids and I think we really overwhelmed the lady behind the counter. Yeah, one chick. I felt pretty bad for her, but she really held the place down and was completely organized and smiling the whole time. I joked that we looked like a group of parents who home-schooled their kids. I guess you had to be there to relate to that.

Anyway, this comes to my other picture of the day. This handsome fella below is my friend Leanne's youngest. I told him that he made ice cream look good. He agreed.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

I can picture the ice cream shop, very funny.

Also, it is silly to start school before Labor day. I don't understand that at all.