Friday, September 11, 2009

136



Squirrel Saga: Day Two

So this kid is really growing on us. Jack was in tears this morning before school. He thought that I might just get rid of the squirrel while he was at school. I assured him I wouldn't, but that I would call a rescue to see if someone could take him within the next few days. I found one at the recommendation of a friend. I called them and didn't hear back from them until this afternoon. They said they would take the squirrel at their Renton drop point and would appreciate any donations with the drop-off.

He's still sleeping a lot, which I think is good because we don't have to worry about him while he's snoozing. We changed from hot water bottle to heating pad set on low. I am not comfortable with running a heating pad all the time, but I dunno - they seem pretty safe.

Today, while the kids were at school, Jason and I went to Marge's funeral. Jason came home around 3:00 and was going to show Annie the furball, but when Jason got here and unraveled the layers of the box, the squirrel was nowhere to be found. He had escaped. Jason looked around everywhere and finally found him huddled in a cozy ball under Eddie's dog pillow. Whew!

Anyway, here's a little video of the squirrel eating this evening. It's pretty much the cutest thing I've seen all day.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

awwwwwwwww, that's so cute.
I wish you could have kept him, but you are right, squirrels aren't pets.
Aren't you glad you are doing this project today? You will be in 10 years!