Saturday, September 19, 2009

140



Today, we went to West Seattle Golf Course for the First Annual Berg Open. Brian's friends and Kelby want to set up a golf tournament/invitational every year around the anniversary of well, I don't need to say it. Kelby had t-shirts made and about 23 people came out to golf. I think next year there's a possibility of making it a fundraiser and a much larger event. Either way, I hope I'm invited back because I really had a good time.



One thing I discovered is, I'm not a golfer. I can put some distance on the ball when I do connect, but I have ZERO accuracy skills. What I am good at is flagging down the girl in the beer golf cart, drinking the beer and driving my own cart around. Today, I drove my 69 year old Aunt Diane around. She was our ringer for this 'best ball' tournament. Kelby and her friend Jen were also in our group. They were good golfers too. There were a couple of times that I made a good enough hit that we used my ball as the best ball for that shot. But, it was literally my first time, so maybe I didn't do too bad. I did notice that the part of the Saxwold Genome that determined competitiveness was prevalent in all of the Saxwold lineage that was on the course today.

Oh, and did I mention that it rained? It rained hard on the first 9 holes. My 2nd cousin, JR, manages the restaurant portion of the West Seattle Golf Club. He saw my suffering and brought me a raincoat straight out of the pro shop. He was gentlemanly enough to bring me a size smaller jacket, which caused a sausage effect around my mid-section, but what the hell, it was better than the alternative. When I wore the jacket, it stopped raining. When I took the jacket off because I was sweating, it would start raining again. It was a vicious cycle. My hair really took a beating. It was soaked and ended up with uncontrollable curls. It looked like hell, but I think Diane's looked worse.



Here's my dad, Brian's dad and fucking Richard. No, I don't have anything against Richard, but it's just fun to say that. I like Richard, he's a good time and always good for a laugh.

What a day!

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

Looks and sounds like a super fun day. And how sweet of JR! How is he?