Wednesday, June 3, 2009

365 Project - Day FIFTY SEVEN

So, Donna and I were sitting the the local Albertson's parking lot chatting this evening. We were going to go to the mexican restaurant there and celebrate the end of our final PTA meeting of the year with a couple of cervezas. Well, we stood outside the door and heard a lot of people who got a pretty good head start on us, so we went to Taco Bell instead, which brings us back to the parking lot.

Anyway, we're sitting in my van talking, when out of the sky, falls what I thought was a bird. It hit my windshield with a thud and landed underneath the windshield wiper. I sat up a little and looked over and figured out it was a ginormous moth.



I have caught moths like these before and saved them on a foam and pin suspension contraption. After a while of being blasted with the fan that cools the living room, they tend to disintegrate. The wingspan on this moth is roughly 4.5 to 5 inches. It's hurkin!

FYI - It's a polyphemus moth.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

LOL "hurkin"! Possibly better than Shit-stack!

That thing looks like Mothra.