Wednesday, June 24, 2009

365 Project - Day SEVENTY EIGHT



Na na na na....na na NA NA...HEY HEY HEY....Goodbye...

Yep, there goes the Ford (Found on Road Dead) (Fix or Repair Daily) (Failure of Research and Development). It's off to the repair shop to fix the oil cooler. Thank goodness for my dad (pictured - in yellow) and his steadfast commitment to AAA. He thinks he's bucking the system by telling them he needs a tow. Hooray Dad and thanks for getting the damn truck down to the shop. It's not my favorite thing to ride in, but the minivan will not tow the bomb shelter that is our trailer. And, I hate paying people to repair a vehicle. I guess this would be our contribution to the economic stimulus package.



Also today, we went to the Wild Waves/Enchanted Village water/amusement park. The kids and I got season passes this year and this is the first year since high school that I've actually donned a bathing suit and joined the kids. All the kids pictured above were in our little group, except for the boy in blue.

I wasn't about to wear a bathing suit until my friend Leanne said, "I just wear shorts and tank tops and mingle amongst the tiny 14 year olds - it's not my kids' fault I look like I do. They just want me to play with them...". So, off to Wal-Mart I went last night to hook myself up with some men's swimming trunks. And I went in the water. And we all had a blast. AND - just as anticipated, I'm cowboy-walking this evening with some chaffing issues. It was worth it.

Oh, and today was my brother's birthday. Happy 28th Travis!

2 comments:

Kaycee said...

Is your dad wearing crocs in that picture? It doesn't look like it. He must not be committed.
My dad alsways wanted me to marry an auto mechanic, because, think of the money I (and he) would save!

Your friend Leanne sounds like a pretty smart cookie.

M said...

So does this mean you'll hang out with me too? I wanna go play.

xo M