Monday, August 3, 2009

107



Still recovering today from yesterday. I can't believe how many muscles in my body are aching. Even the muscles on the tops of my feet hurt and getting up from any position is a challenge. I walk around my house in a hobbled fashion, but it's the only way to go right now...

Tonight, we were invited by our neighbor, Ken, to his house to watch a movie. He had a lightbulb moment earlier in the day and remembered that he had a projector. He hung a sheet on the side of his house and invited all the neighbors over to watch Transformers. Ken thought it would be a good idea to get all of us together. We're the new neighbors, so he wanted his wife and his brother-in-law's girlfriend to get to know me as well. Ken actually used the term 'anti-social'. I was aghast with the notion that I was viewed as being anti-social. I really want Jason to have the friendship there, so I do my best to stay out of the way. I thought I was being respectful, not anti-social. Hrmph.

Regardless of my social standing on 15th, we lined-up our chairs and blankets on the lawn, took off our shoes and enjoyed the 'Side of the House Cinema'. My kids would love to spend the rest of their life at the houses across the street, so they were really pumped to go.

I brought along a frosty mug full of coconut rum and Diet Coke and nearly made my way through the whole glass, until Ken's dog Sasha helped herself to the rest of my drink. I imagine Sasha is sleeping quite well right now - I wonder if she'll have a hangover.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

yeeeowch- I didn't know there were muscles on the tops of our feet!
Super cute photo of jack. What a cool idea, a backyard movie. Did he use a computer projector?