Tuesday, August 4, 2009

109



I give up.

Why can't I just come to terms with the fact that I don't have one of those heads or faces for hats? I see people wearing cute ball caps or sun hats and I'm envious. I wish I could really get away with wearing a hat. I feel like I need to wear one; it would sure help keep the sun out of my eyes and keep me from squinting like Clint Eastwood.

I found this Amy Butler pattern last year and was going to make a hat then, but held off and didn't. Today, I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to make one. I had all the supplies on hand already from my years of hoarding fabric and tablecloths. This particular table cloth I had already cut into about 4 years ago to make a curtain for a vintage kitchen set the kids had. So, I thought, what the hell - I'll use it. The liner for the hat is a vintage inspired turquoise polka dot print.

I pretty much spent most of the day working on it here and there. I am terrible at using patterns. I'm better at making quilts that are a little more forgiving. So, I think the hat looks pretty cool and I spent a lot of time on it.

The only thing is, I look like a total dork in it. I'm gonna wear it anyway.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

That's a cute hat. I've always wanted to try an Amy Butler pattern- but aren't they crazy expensive? Cute tablecloth, too!