Thursday, August 27, 2009

127



So, on our last trip to the Earle's, Judy loaded me up with some baby stuff for us to use at our house for Remy. This high chair is awesome! It attaches to the top of the dining room chair instead of storing a high chair on the floor.

Well, Mazie took it upon herself to set up Teddy Cat in the chair. That purple thing in her hand is a bubble fan. You dip it in bubble solution, push the button and a gazillion bubbles blow out nearly effortlessly. Well, Mazie was using it to blow the pretend food off. I just thought it was hilarious. Teddy Cat has really been reaping all the rewards of Judy's generosity...

Since the news of yesterday, Mazie has been struggling with how to relate that to her own life. For 2 nights now, she's been crying herself to sleep thinking that I am suddenly going to die. Last night she couldn't fall asleep and she woke up after having a nightmare. I woke up with her in my bed this morning. She was terrified earlier tonight when I went swimming. She called me several times and needed reassurance of when I would be coming home. She thought I might drown in the pool. Then, when I called and told her I was stopping at Winco afterward, she asked how long until I was home. I told her 30 minutes or so. When I got home, she had been crying and said she thought I was in a crash because it was past 30 minutes (only 10 minutes or so).

I know this is related to the news of Marge's passing. I never thought I would need to address this type of behavior with Mazie because she doesn't remember meeting Mike's mom. I realize it's a scary notion to think your mom will die suddenly.

I guess we'll have to take a trip to the library.

No comments: