Friday, August 28, 2009

128



Today, Mazie was invited to her cousin Audrey's tea party today at Audrey's Grammie's house. I had to drop her off and leave because I had a PTA thing I had to attend, but she was very excited to dress up for the party. They had mini cupcakes, mini sandwiches and drank from mini teacups and saucers. I think she had a good time, especially since she won a prize from a bingo game and came home with a kick-butt treat bag.

Everything seems to taste better when it's in mini version too.



8:48 on August 28th. This marks the last time I heard Brian's voice through the phone.

Oftentimes, I would call Kelby after 9:00pm. Brian used to act like the big man of the house and he would screen my calls after 9pm. He used to grill me about why I was calling and then act like he was reluctantly giving Kelby the phone. When Kelby and I would commence our conversation, he would turn up the TV, suddenly need to hammer something or try to third-party join in on the conversation by chiming in on whatever Kelby was saying. Usually, he fell asleep during our phone time and Kelby would laugh at some of his slumber antics. It usually involved talking in his sleep or some kind of random hand movements, but most times it was snoring.

When I called last year at 8:48, Brian yelled in the background, "You got 12 minutes!!".

Ever since that night, I really wish I would've called after 9pm, like I usually do, then I could've talked to him...one last time.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

Mazie, as always, is adorable.

SO true that mini food tastes better. I haven't tried a slider yet, I bet they are awesome.