Monday, August 3, 2009

108



Jack's boogie board went kaput this past week. He's been interested in a wooden skimboard for some time now. Well, over the weekend, wouldn't you know, Big 5 had them on sale for $20. We went to our local Big 5 and (shocker!) they were 'out of stock, but had these more expensive boards'. From spending many hours at malls and department stores with my Grandma Kay, I knew this was a classic case of bait and switch. And I gave them the what-for. They politely offered to call some other stores and I let them do it. They happened to find one at their Tacoma store and they put it on hold for me. I was happy. They were happy to get me out of their store.

When we got there and examined the board, it seemed as though the board had been a display or possibly used. The store manager insisted that it 'came off the truck that way'. Right. I asked when they might be getting more in and could they hold one from the next shipment. Sure he says, but if I take the less than perfect board in my hands, he'll give me 25% off. I could see Jack watching the whole conversation in my peripheral vision. I agreed and also bought some wax. I was happy. They were happy to get me out of their store.

Jason had an epiphany today and decided to build Jack a runway of sorts with some tarps and pipe from work. We turned on the water and Jack spent 2 hours skimming back and forth on this 18 foot slip n' slide.

Everyone is happy!

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

That is the coolest thing ever!