Sunday, April 12, 2009

365 Project - Day E L E V E N



Yay - these Easter baskets signify the last of the Easter madness that was this whole week. I'm sick of eggs, bunnies and candy. I hate feeling that way because I know the kids have such a great time hunting eggs and anticipating gifts from the Big E Bunny. I was so tired of all the rigmarole that I almost spilled the beans to my kids. Almost. Then, I thought ahead to Christmas (which I love) and the questions it might bring along with it and decided to play it safe.

How much fun was it when you were little to come out and find gifts from EBunny? There was nothing more exciting than finding that stuff there - a big tacky basket of sugar and claw machine stuffed animals just waiting for you to tear it open and devour its contents in one day. That's big stuff when you're little...

Jack noticed the empty spot in the garage though because he asked me about it. I lied and told him it was where I had eggs and prizes hidden for the easter egg hunt. How long can I keep up this facade?

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

Fun Dip! I remember that you and I used to LOVE that!

I have a story about keeping up the facade, but it's too long for a comment, and I can't put it on my blog because Madison reads it. I'll email it to you.

Kaycee said...

I am having a memory! I remember that Fun Dip was called Lick-m-ade or something when we were little.

Do you still get three packets and one piece of sugar chalk?

Unknown said...

I believe the Fun Dip used to be called Lik-A-Stik?

I could give a crap about the leftover KoolAid powder...what I was really after was the chalk stick - YUM!