Monday, April 27, 2009

365 Project - Day TWENTY SIX



What did I do today? Well, I went and took a placement test to see where I rate for entrance to TCC (Tacoma Community College). I would like to pursue their radiology program and I'm in the very beginning phases of getting to that point.

I was very nervous about this test. Why? Well, because they call it a test. If they would have called it an intelligence survey, or a 'how much you retained in high school' survey, maybe I wouldn't have been thrown off. It's appropriately named, AccuPlacer Test. So they can place you in the accurate classes to help you succeed.

Just as I expected, I did relatively well on the English and Reading Comprehension phases of the test. Not too shabby for 18 years out of school.

What happened after that though...well, I bombed the math part. Hmm, I guess I can't say bombed. I did very poorly though. I at least had a score, which meant I must have got some answers correct. As you can see on the document, I scored a 32. This was out of a possible 120. The man proctoring the test tells me, "It's really not a bad score." WHAT? They have me slated for Math 85, which my sister tells me doesn't even count towards college credits.

*sigh* The proctor gave me some websites to refer to and told me to come back after 48 hours to take the math portion over again. Maybe I will. My brain goes into lockdown when my eyes view anything that has a combination of x's, y's and parentheses...

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

Megan, that's awesome! I would suck ass at algebra, too. I have problems helping Madison. We got Danica McKellar's (Winnie Cooper's) two books, Math Doesn't Suck and Kiss my Math. They helped ME tremendously. I am so proud of you!
Math 85 is like high school math, that's not terrible.