Thursday, April 30, 2009

365 Project - Day TWENTY EIGHT



So, my dad and I have been anticipating the arrival of Sonic for a long time now. While my dad's job takes him all around this country and he has plenty of Sonics to choose from on his travels, I have to wait for the occasional trip to Texas. There are Sonic Drive-Ins all over the southern states. They have planned a clever marketing campaign and have blasted our Washington airwaves with commercials for yummy items. It left those who don't know thinking, "Where the heck is Sonic?" For many years I have been patiently waiting for one to go up in Washington. About 5 years ago, my dad contemplated opening his own Sonic Drive-In. The franchise fee and amount of money you needed in liquid assets was just the right thing to keep that dream from happening.

So, we're blessed with a Sonic now. Since the restaurant only opened on Monday, there's lots of people trying to get in to eat there. Most Sonic restaurants only feature the car stall drive-up, but this new Sonic has a drive-up, drive-thru and walk-up. The lines for ALL of them were long. Long enough to require a gravel staging area and a post-it note with a number on it. Quite a production.

The food was just as I remember, tasty and worth the wait and experience with my dad. The picture? Taken out of the sunroof of my mom's Subaru with my cell phone.

2 comments:

Kaycee said...

I think Sonic commercials are HILARIOUS!
Wait until you get Burgerville. mmmm.
I suspected your post was going to be about Sonic, but I still laughed when I saw the picture. I don't know why.

Angi said...

It is good for us grown-up daughters to do these sorts of things with our dads.