Thursday, April 16, 2009

365 Project - Day FIFTEEN



One sure sign of spring is color all around you. I really like spring - the cold mornings, the warm afternoons. All this lets the plants know that they can stretch their arms and show us what they got. Also, it's good for the people with seasonal affective disorder (SAD). They can finally come out of their SAD funk.

Today, I noticed this tree in the corner of my yard. I know the tree is there; my children swing on its branches periodically and I always implore them to quit breaking branches off the tree. During the course of our life here at this house, this tree goes relatively unnoticed as it sits in the corner of our yard. It never does anything fancy, but it's a good lookin tree...one I would keep around.

However, today I noticed that the tree has pink buds. I felt a little bad that I had never paid much attention to the tree and it had to resort to showy foliage to get my attention.

Thanks tree! I see you!

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

I was thinking about how SAD and how the weather affects us today, too. Everyone seems to be in a better mood when the sun is out. I wonder if people in Mexico and Texas and Florida and Hawaii ever get depressed? I figure they must... I wonder if they develop an immunity to sunshine.