Sunday, April 19, 2009

365 Project - Day SEVENTEEN



I know I neglected my blog yesterday, but there was a purpose to that. Last night we got to have the very first sleepover with my niece! We were so excited to have her over. Her mom needed some additional ZZZs, so we were perfectly happy offering to have her stay the night.

The rush of emotion I got when my sister made the decision to say yes, it's indescribable - just the fact that she trusted me with her baby was big for me!

Although I had plenty of helpers here at my house, I made it my goal to do everything myself. My sister has to do everything herself. I know how hard it is to be a first time mom; to try to keep up with the house work, take care of the baby, do bills, shopping, bathing yourself and trying to have a social life at the same time - it's difficult to do even when you have someone there helping you. My sister doesn't have this option and I wanted to, briefly, see what it was like to live in her shoes. I forgot that you can't just set a baby on the couch to grab a Diet Coke and you can't just set them down to go to the bathroom, answer the phone, whatever. You constantly have to be thinking 3 or 4 steps ahead and I think as my kids got older, I sorta got a little lax in this multi-tasking area...

So I just want to say, hooray for my sister. She's doing a great job and I am proud of her ability to do so. She's always been a stellar achiever in everything she does and this motherhood thing is something she's, once again, going to be leading the pack with...

2 comments:

Kaycee said...

...something in my eye....

This is a nice story, and holy smokes Remy is getting CUTER BY THE DAY!

Angi said...

You are a good auntie!