Sunday, April 5, 2009

365 Project - Day F O U R

I knew this was going to happen. Before I took on this project, I thought to myself, "Self? What happens if you like more than one picture for your day? What happens if there's no pictures for the day?" What does a girl with a project do? Collage? Choose one? I dunno!

So, I decided to just group together my favs from today and post 'em all. When I publish my book at the end of the year, I may have to just choose one.

We went over to my parents today to clean up the yard in preparation for next weekend's Flashlight Easter Egg hunt. Yes, that's right, the kids hunt for eggs in the dark, using only a flashlight to spot the goods. My sister set today as the day we went to clean up the place. Mom usually talks about the 60+ hours it takes her to rake 'dangerous sticks' and leaves, so we all decided to pitch in this year and do the dirty work. To me, my parents yard is usually immaculate, beautiful and picturesque. This is probably because I don't see my mom doing the work 'behind the scenes', but the fruits of her labor show. She claims my dad merely rides around the yard for 2 hours on the riding lawn mower when he's not globe-hopping and drives over the various debris in the yard in the hopes it will somehow get mulched under the mower. While he does have an obsession with mowing the grass and washing his car, he also enjoys moving piles of dirt and chopping wood. Anyway, we all congregated at my parents to do this yard work and get things ready. On hand for labor were Kelby, Cindy, Taylor, Jason, Donna and Jim and Annie. The kids came too and had a blast. I'm not sure how much work we got done compared to how much we thought we might get done, but we got some things done.

In the first image, Miss Remy was smiling at me and I couldn't resist adding this picture! I had to take it quick because when she noticed the black camera, she got interested in that, not me. She's getting so big. I'm so happy she's my niece.



Jack in a skirt - yes, my boy is willing to be androgynous when I ask. This wrap skirt is one my mom dug out of my keepsakes and said, "Here...want your skirt?". Now it fits me like an apron, but I'm not sure I ever wore it when it was merely a wrap skirt. This was one of the souvenirs that my Grandma Kay brought back from her 20 year ago trip to Fiji - along with a poofy sheepskin purse that I'll never forget the smell of. I wish Grandma would have got one for herself.



Picture three - the pile of eggs that Jason and I washed today (merely a portion). Since this egg hunt boasts egg totals of well over 700, we save the eggs year after year. They were pretty disgusting from being used and sitting in the shed for 2 years, so we washed 'em up. They were upside down drying in the sun and I really liked all the colors together.



Picture four - Well, I had to add picture 4. This is my measly pile of 'dangerous sticks and debris' that my mom insisted be disposed of. A couple of times I challenged my mom to the reasoning behind raking up minuscule sticks, but she mommed-out on me and won the argument.



It was such a beautiful day - 68 the temperature read in the van. Thank goodness we might actually have a spring...

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

They are all really great. Well, except the debris. Not that it isn't an impressive debris pile... and you can rest easy knowing that no small children will.. trip over? stub their toes on? eat? one of those twigs.
Remy is really cute.

Unknown said...

Yes, my thoughts exactly on the debris. I had to take a pic because the pile was SO measly. It seemed like I put forth a lot of physical effort from a large square footage of yard to accomplish a measly pile.

And...Remy is totally awesome. And she loves her Aunt Megan.

M said...

All I can say is Bromance.

xo M