Thursday, April 30, 2009

365 Project - Day TWENTY NINE



This morning, one of the PTA moms who was supposed to help the PE teacher at Jack's school with the Jump Rope for Heart jump-a-thon today, came down with a crazy cold. She sounded awful when I talked to her on the phone. I told her she had the swine flu. She laughed and asked if I would fill in for her today. I told her I would and told her to feel better soon. She squeaked out a few words which I recognized as, "I can come help you for a little while...". I told her to stay the hell away from me because I didn't want to get sick too.

Anyway, I was the chief banana cutter. The kids needed a snack while they jump-roped and I was the one to dole it out. The PE teacher was able to get two cases of bananas and 4 cases of water donated by our local Albertson's (thank you Alby's!). I cut the ass and top off each banana, cut it in thirds and then scored the peel down one side for easy peeling. The kids said they were the best bananas in the world...I told them all I grew them myself.

The stars of the show? The banana people that came from Jamba Juice to support the event. There were two employees that came dressed as bananas and they participated with the kids and were jump-roping in their banana costumes. It was quite comical and they were good sports.

My guess is there was a lot of plugged-up kids tonight because there was some serious banana buffet going on...

2 comments:

Kaycee said...

I remember Jump Rope for Heart! I still have my certificate from elementary school in Seattle!

Strong work on the bananas. was "dole" an intended pun?

Unknown said...

It was unintended, but fit. I love puns...